Shop for Tires & Wheels
Know where to buy new tires
If you live and drive in El Paso, Texas, or Southern New Mexico, you shouldn’t trust just any tire shop to fit your new tires. For people in this part of the country, Martin Tire Company can’t be beat! That’s because we deliver benefits like:
- Online tire shopping. Being able to shop for tires online is incredibly convenient, but it shouldn’t come at the cost of working with a trustworthy local business. At Martin Tire Company, you can check out the tires in stock at each of our locations right here.
- An impressive legacy of tire service. New Mexico and Texas are home to many different auto shops, but few have been around as long as Martin Tire Company has. We’ve been in the tire business for over 70 years, and we’ve survived this long thanks to our reputation for selling quality tires and delivering unrivaled customer service. If you are looking for new tires, choose the tire shop El Paso residents trust—choose Martin Tire Company!
- Tons of opportunities to save money. When you shop for tires at Martin Tire Company, you won’t just get great rates. In addition to our low prices, you’ll have the chance to check out our online coupons and explore our financing options.
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction. The team at Martin Tire Company pride themselves on offering the lowest possible tire prices in the area. If you buy tires from us and notice the same tire advertised at another local supplier for less within 30 days of buying them, let us know and we’ll refund the difference. You’ll also get a 30-day trial with your purchase. If you’re dissatisfied with your new tires, just return them before your trial ends and you’ll receive a total refund that you can use to purchase another set of wheels.
- Service wherever you are. No matter where you’re located in Southern New Mexico or El Paso, you should be able to get tire work done without having to travel too far. That’s why Martin Tire Company operates several different locations in this part of the country—all of which offer new tires and related services!
How to buy new tires
With so many brands and sizes of tires to choose from, it can be overwhelming deciding what is best for you and your vehicle. We have put together some things to note when buying your next set of tires.
Size & load capacity
Your vehicle was designed to use a specific tire size that supports the weight of the car, passengers, and cargo. You should choose replacement tires that are the same size as your original tires. The size of the tire determines the amount of air allowed and its maximum inflation pressure. These factors determine the overall life of the tire and its ability to carry loads.
There are several factors that determine what tread type is best for you. You should consider the area that you live in, the weather, and terrain you drive in, as well as the loads you carry and your personal driving habits.
The main benefits of a higher speed rating are improved handling and braking. The speed rating also affects how quickly a tire will wear and its mileage warranty. It also greatly affects the ride quality for the driver.
Style is a personal preference. Popular styles include white sidewalls and lettering such as raised white or colored letters and black serrated or sculptured letters on the sidewalls.
Brand & quality
There are many different brands to choose from. The major brands are household names because they are highly advertised. But just because a brand isn't well-known, doesn't mean their tires aren’t as good. Every brand has a good, better, and best option. Each step up improves aspects such as mileage, braking, traction, and ride.
Tire life is important to every driver. Keep in mind your personal driving habits to determine what is best for you. Brand names are not necessarily an assurance of quality—check with consumer publications and tire professionals. Low-cost tires can either mean the lowest initial cost or lowest cost per mile, but in either case, the tire you are purchasing should at least meet the minimum that is acceptable to you for your driving needs.
Visit our tire shop for more tire services
Tire servicing is probably far from your top priority when you’ve just bought a fresh set of tires. But since you never know when your tires will need attention, knowing where to go for tire maintenance and repair is important. As the tire shop that El Paso and Southern New Mexico residents rely on, Martin Tire Company is more than ready to take care of tire services like:
Tire installation services
If you’re ready to replace your tires, don’t try to handle this task on your own. The easy way to take off your old wheels and replace them with fresh tires is to buy them at a full-service auto shop like Martin Tire Company.
The team at Martin Tire Company are some of the most qualified mechanics in the business. When you buy new tires from us, our technicians will:
- Install your tires
- Inspect and tighten your lug nuts
- Check the clearance of your brake calipers
- Look for potential disturbances by measuring the distance between your rims, wheels, and calipers
- Put in new valve stems
Wheel alignment services
New tires don’t need many services before they leave the shop, but wheel alignment is an exception. This will allow your tires to meet the road at the proper angle, helping them wear evenly. Maximize the perks of wheel alignment by taking care of this task right after tire installation.
If you get wheel alignment done at Martin Tire Company, our Automotive Service Excellence certified mechanics will closely inspect the angles of each tire on your vehicle. When that step is complete, they’ll adjust your suspension to ensure the tire angles are right where they should be. We’ll use cutting-edge computerized wheel alignment equipment throughout the process to ensure maximum precision.
Tire rotation services
Although wheel alignment can help your tires wear evenly, it isn’t enough on its own to prevent tire wear issues—you’ll need to prioritize tire rotation. This service involves moving each of your tires from its current spot on your vehicle to another position, all while following a predetermined pattern.
Tire rotation may not be the most challenging task handled by our tire shops, but it has significant benefits. If you regularly get your tires rotated, you’ll ensure your tires wear as evenly as possible and avoid the formation of a “cupping” pattern. On top of that, your vehicle will offer exceptional handling, you’ll avoid putting too much stress on other components, and you’ll even get improved fuel economy.
Tire balancing services
So they can work together as effectively as possible, your tires should be similar in every imaginable way—including weight. When your tires are poorly balanced, they can wear unevenly, cause vibrations, and affect your ability to drive safely. Tread wear problems, decreased steering performance, and a car that pulls to one side all indicate an issue with tire balancing.
The crew at Martin Tire Company can easily balance your vehicle’s tires. We’ll measure how much each tire on your car weighs and attach small weights to any tires that aren’t heavy enough. That way, all four of your tires will be ready to deliver the smoothest ride possible!
Flat tire repair services
No matter how high-quality your tires are or how carefully you drive, there is always a risk of developing a flat tire. When this happens, you need to get your tire fixed right away so you can get back on the road. Make a point of visiting your nearest Martin Tire Company location for flat tire repair services.
There are quite a few potential causes of flat tires, including a sharp object puncturing the tire, a malfunctioning valve stem, and even regular tread wear. Whatever made your tire go flat, it’s crucial that you resist the temptation to ignore the issue. Traveling on a flat tire can quickly cause it to blow out, making it all but impossible to control your vehicle. Instead, visit Martin Tire Company for quick and affordable flat tire repair services!
Tire Shop FAQs
Which preventative maintenance tire services are the most important?
What does preventative maintenance mean?
It’s like your yearly physical with your doctor. The purpose is to take a close look at all the systems and make sure they are working properly. If they aren’t, they can be corrected before a serious issue or failure happens.
Specifically, Martin Tire Company’s preventative maintenance packages include these services:
- Wheel alignment
- Inspecting tires for wear
- Checking air pressure
What does tire load capacity mean?
What is standard air pressure for a tire?
An average range for all tires is between 30 and 35 pounds per square inch, or PSI. But it’s more important to know if this is the correct PSI for your car, which is set by the manufacturer. This is found in your owner’s manual or posted inside the driver’s side door.
This is important because tires that are not properly inflated can suffer serious consequences. You may feel your steering wheel shake or vibrate during driving. Improper inflation can also cause your tires to get out of alignment, which only makes the vibration worse.
Overinflated tires can become deformed with the excessive air pressure. They may not react to potholes or other road hazards properly, or the ride can become harsh and noisy.
It’s necessary to check the air pressure in your tires frequently. Get a good tire gauge and check them about once a month—ask the specialists in our tire shop if you need help! Improper tire pressure can lead to blow-outs on the highway.
What is TPMS?
Do I have to replace a tire if it has a puncture, or can I repair it?
Repairing a tire is possible when:
- There’s a puncture in the tread area and it’s less than ¼ of an inch (6 mm).
- No other gashes or cuts are longer than ¼ inch.
- The tire’s steel belt has not been damaged.
- No earlier repairs have been done in the same area of the new puncture.
The extent of damage caused by what appears to be a simple puncture is determined by taking the tire off the wheel and checking for damage inside. In some cases, there is more damage inside the tire. At that point, your mechanic will tell if it can safely be repaired. If you find yourself in a situation where the tire is patched, have it properly repaired or replaced as soon as possible. It’s not worth having a serious accident with injury or even death simply because it was inconvenient to take care of.
Don’t drive on a tire that is going or has gone flat! You can cause more damage leading to:
- Damage to the valve stem
- Ripping the tire or separation of the tire and rim
- Tire failure
What are other signs to look for to keep my tires in good condition?
Watch for these signs of trouble:
- Bulging or cracking: Tires that are underinflated often bulge or crack if you hit a curb or pothole. Use a tire protectant each time you wash the vehicle and keep the tires properly inflated to prevent this.
- Cupping or scalloping: This is caused by worn or damaged suspension that lets the shocks or struts bounce unevenly. The result is uneven pressure that creates scallops in the tires. Unbalanced tires can also cause cupping, leaving circular places of worn tread.
- Heel-toe damage: The feathering effect on tires is caused by a failure to have your vehicle’s tires rotated. Some people mistakenly think this feathering is a normal sign of tire wear.
- Feathering: This sideways pattern along a tire is caused by an incorrect toe setting on the alignment, or by a damaged suspension bushing.
Bring your car into Martin Tire Company to have one of our tire specialists determine the cause of any of these signs of trouble. They will then help you choose the best solution to make sure all your tires are in safe working condition.
Do new tires go on the front or the back?
How can I get the most miles from my tires?
How do I decide which tires to buy for my car?
Here are some things to pay attention to when it’s time to buy tires:
- Size & load capacity
- Tread type
- Speed rating
- Brand and quality
- Your driving needs
Use the tire selector above to narrow down your choices, and then ask one of our tire specialists to help choose the right tires for you and your vehicle. And don’t forget to check out our tire deals and discounts!
Why is Martin Tire Company the best place for tires and tire repair?
We hire expert tire mechanics, superior customer service staff, and stock a large selection of tires! Our goal is simple: to help you find the best tires at the most cost-effective price and install and service them properly.
- Save you money by offering coupons and savings every day
- Provide rebates and promotional prices from the top tire manufacturers
- Beat any local competitor’s advertised price
Martin Tire Company keeps records of all your purchases, vehicle’s repairs, and maintenance appointments. We want to build a working relationship with you based on trust and excellence. Let us be part of your car care team!
Professionals You Trust. Service Beyond Expectations.
At Martin Tire, our highest priority is serving our customers. We are 100% committed to you, our valued customer. We strive to make every part of your experience with us hassle-free and pleasant.Request a quote