Car Fluid Change & Fluid Replacement Services
Fluids such as engine oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, antifreeze, and power steering fluid are very important to inspect and change on a regular basis.
What they do: Fluids including engine oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, antifreeze/coolant and power steering fluid make sure that vital parts of your car are oiled and working as intended. Engine oil is necessary for the overall lubrication of your engine and components. Transmission fluid keeps your transmission running efficiently and smoothly. Brake fluid assists the braking system and antifreeze and coolant assistance maintain your engine from overheating or freezing. Finally, power steering fluid helps in the power steering function of your car.
Why service is essential: In order to operate effectively, fluids need to be kept full and away from contaminants like dust and debris. Each of your fluids should be checked and changed at routine periods to keep them from burning, depleting, or from gathering debris. Understanding how to inspect your fluids is essential, and executing proper maintenance and fluid changes could expand the life of your automobile.
If you notice your vehicle leaking fluids, here are a couple of ways to determine exactly what fluid it might be:
- Radiator fluid is bright green and very slippery.
- Antifreeze, or coolant, can be pink or green. Consuming this fluid creates a major health risk to pets.
- Brake fluid is a light yellow and can transform to a foggy brownish color scheme when mixed with water.
- Power steering fluid has a yellow tint.
- Automatic transmission fluid has a deep-seated red shade. It has a sharp smell and is thick in texture. A shortage of transmission fluid may trigger a transmission to stick or slide.
- Windshield washer fluid could be any kind of assortment of colors from brilliant turquoise, orange, pink or yellow. It has the consistency of water and may smell somewhat sweet.
- Motor oil can be bright or dark brownish relying on exactly how often you alter it. Regularly changed motor oil will certainly be light brown, while old motor oil will certainly be a darker tone.
- Gasoline has a golden hue, yet you may recognize its distinct smell.
Bring your automobile in to ensure your automobile’s fluids are:
- Filled to the appropriate degree
- Clean and free of debris
- Free of cracks in the fluid lines
- Flushed and changed as needed
The majority of fluids will be checked and replaced/ flushed as needed during a routine oil change. Remember to arrange your regular maintenance on oil changes and coolant flushes with us to keep your vehicle at its peak performance. Martin Tire Company is thrilled to be your local auto repair center!