Car Belts and Hoses Services
Belts may wear and break over time. A belt that becomes worn may slip or also become so slack that it may not function correctly. Hoses may glaze and split after long years of use or when exposed to harsh temperatures. A damaged hose pipe may lead to vital fluids dripping from your engine and may create damage to engine parts. To prevent some of the most usual causes of breakdown, see to it your belts and hoses are checked at routine intervals.
Why service is essential: To stop some of the most common reasons of failure and wear, make certain your belts and hoses are examined regularly. It is suggested to have belts and hoses checked every 3,000 miles or with every oil change.
Ask your mechanic concerning belts and hoses if you observe any sort of:
- Loss of power
- Squealing or grinding sound
- If you feel vibrations, ‘slips’ or ‘catching’
A belt and hose inspection checks for:
- Glazing, breaking, striping and softening of belts
- Proper tensioning
- Proper drive pulley alignment
- Holes and splits
- Hardening, splitting and softening of hoses
- A cooling system pressure test to help check for cracks
- Loose or worn clamps